Slate roof installation is a highly specialised job requiring expert craftsmanship to ensure the best results.
Trinity Roofing Services are Sydney’s slate roofing specialists, offering a range of services including new roofing installation, heritage restoration and slate roof repairs. We have more than 20 years’ experience and use the best natural slate for excellent results.
Slate Roof Installation Process
On a typical slate roof our installation process would be as follows:
- Each piece of slate individually graded and holed to suit roof
- Copper/colorbond eave gutters and down-pipes installed
- Sarking/breathable membrane laid over rafters
- Oregon roof battens installed, batten gauge to suit roof pitch and size of slate
- Roof struck out- vertical perp lines creating a grid effect
- Copper/colorbond valleys installed
- Slate installation begins, slates fixed with copper clouts
- Soakers, back trays to wall abutments/chimneys installed
Once the slating process has finished there are various ways to complete the roof to leave a beautiful finish:
- Terracotta ridge cappings – cement bedded and flexi-pointed
- Mitred slate with concealed soaker
- Lead roll top hip/ridge
- Copper roll top ridge
Get in touch today for a competitive roofing quote.